22.12.18

Textures and tones in nature.





Hello,
A few pics of what I have been working on right now.
I've been working a lot with seed heads and oxide stains to create a botanical texture to my pieces, I'm really drawn to greens and blues at the moment too and I find that I'm using oxides more and more to build up layers of colour, I think they work particularly well on my swallows design shown below on this pot tidy. I've carved into the clay before it was bisque fired then after its first firing I painted on the oxides and rubbed back a little before glazing and firing again.
It's always a challenge photographing ceramics but I've found that as mine are quire rustic they work well against a natural backdrop with some botanical elements brought in to add to the story.



These pieces will be available in January 2019.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig