11.3.18

Sunday snapshots





Hello, 
Here are a few snapshots of things I have enjoyed doing over the past weeks.
Before the snow hit, we took a trip out to the Wimpole estate which is owned by the National Trust. It was bitterly cold but we bundled up with scarfs, hats and gloves, and we sat outside with  hot bowls of soup and fed these little birds crumbs off our bread. I just love moments like these when we can be absorbed in nature and no other thoughts are occupying our minds.
During snow week I worked on the plans for our side garden, I have to say our garden is quite small but the fact that it is separated into sections by wrapping around the house makes it a really interesting one and it is the thing I first fell in love with when we viewed the house.
We put in four new borders before Christmas so we need to get those finished now, then we are completely renovating the long border that runs the length of the house. Can't wait to start on that project!


I was also busy in my kitchen when the snow really hit, making these botanical soaps. They are all lined up on my windowsill at the moment and smell heavenly. Perfect snow day therapy!




That just leaves me to share my favourite spring flowers with you and wish all the mother's out there a Happy Mother's Day!

Emma x










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig