Yes a homemaker really is a job and yes it's ok to be one, and yes it's flipping amazing!

So It's been two years since I gave up running my little salon, it was a tough decision to make as I'd run my own business for ten years, and before that, I was a college lecturer.

Having done everything in kinda the wrong order, having kids first, then finding a husband, and basically living up to super-woman was great and I loved every minute, but it's not healthy to keep going at that pace for the long term.

I did find it a bit awkward at first when people asked me what I did for a living, it was met with 'oh, couldn't you just of got a cleaner?' 
Or
'So you're a housewife then?' Accompanied by a look of puzzlement.

For one, I can't stand the term housewife. A housewife is very 40s, 50s & 60s.
And I do not just exist to please my husband.

I'm many things, an interior designer (yes, I went back to college in my new found time), a crafter,  painter, and a photographer, but above all I'm a homemaker!

I love having the home warm, welcoming and beautiful for when the children come home from school.
It's great enjoying the simple things like hanging laundry out to dry. 
I get so much joy out of creating things for my family, I'm always decorating and I just love having the time to look after all of our animals.
There is never a dull or quiet moment and I'm never bored. Quite simply, I don't know how I ever found the time to do anything else.

Whilst the kids are growing up it seems to fit all of our lifestyles, and when they fly the nest, well Mr C and I have decided we'll move to Suffolk and run a beautiful B and B, which will suit us both as I can carry on making everything homely and he can cook a mean breakfast! 

Now when someone asks me what I do, I'm proud to tell them 'I'm a homemaker'!

Emma X 




4 comments

  1. I would love to be a full time home maker, I completely agree I don't think I would ever get bored, how could you. I dream of the day that I can say this when people ask me what I do. You go girl, that's all I can say x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Gem, hopefully one day it will be you too! Xx

      Delete
  2. Perfect description!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

         

Instagram