4.1.16

The curated home.

                     

We went out to dinner with friends last week and somehow managed to get onto the topic of house work. I could not believe it, all my friends have cleaners, now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with having a cleaner, but I was like 'what do you do with all your stuff?' 

It was then that I was reminded that their homes don't contain lots of stuff, just essential living things.
Thank the Lord we're all different.

They then said I should get one, 'but what about my stuff?' I cried, 'I don't want anyone touching my stuff' lol.
It dawned on me the reason I like housework, it's because it doesn't feel like housework.
My home is carefully curated every few days to match my mood. I'm a constant faffer, and revel in collecting beautiful nik naks (lucky, as that's also what I do for a living), and styling them into interesting vignettes around the home.
I imagine it's like playing with a huge dolls house, but it's my home.

I've always loved intricate detail, I prefer always to see snippets of a room then the whole thing, so my collection of things are always quite small.
I love vintage china and flowers, and use these a lot to dress my home, don't get me wrong, it's not a museum, hell no, it's a family home with a dog and the odd chicken sometimes wandering through lol.
Actually, I think it would probably be a cleaners nightmare ha.

Emma x
Share:

5 comments

  1. -smile- Yes, it probably would be a cleaner's nightmare! Worried they would get in trouble, not putting something back, in its proper place and etc. So it's good, that you love doing your own cleaning!

    And how lucky you are! To view what you do at home, as playing with a big doll house. How very, very lucky. What a perfect way to look, at home care.

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa
    (On Instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessed with a giant dolls house 😊 Thank you for your lovely comment.
      Have a lovely day x

      Delete
  2. I thought I was the only one not to let a cleaner touch my stuff! Hooray for beautiful created homes and faffing with pretty things!
    Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one not to let a cleaner touch my stuff! Hooray for beautiful created homes and faffing with pretty things!
    Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, such fun! Hope you are well lovely x

      Delete

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig