5.6.13

STYLE IT PRETTY

 
 
It doesn't matter how small a space there is always room to add interest!
I love styling little pocketts of pastel around our home which has a very neutural background of chalky greys from +Farrow & Ball.
 
This picture of my mantle piece shown below changes constantly!
Everything on it has been found at thrift shops. I love the quirky vintage oil painting and thought mimicing a layer with the peonys in a pewter coffee pot works really well. 
 
 
 Photos by Emma Connolly
of The Vintage Good Life.
 
 
 
In the kitchen try grouping your cook books together in pretty shades that compliment each other.
This is a cheap way of perking up what may of been a dull space. I've finished the look off with some antique scales I found years ago in a charity shop, I think they cost me around £12.00.
Of course I have to paint everything and these were no exeption!


 
Dress shelves (or if your lucky enough to have one, a french dresser) with gorgeous antique china
in beautifull pretty shades.
My dresser brings life to our conservatory and looks great against the backdrop of the pale victorian brick.
 
Just one small area of each room can make such a difference. It brings your home to life and shows your personality!
 
Love your home, make it pretty and enjoy it.
 
x
 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig