26.7.12

Southwold cont....

Well peeps, what a Full & lovely if somewhat exhausting day. I have been visiting Southwold since I was a tiny tot, I may now live 100 miles away but I consider myself a local and so do the people in the fish & chip shop. I have always loved it here and it is a place I hold close to my heart. I normally always like to start the day with breakfast at Adnams cellar & kitchen shop, they do the best full English ever and it is such a treat, accompanied by a steaming coffee. Inside their shop they have a vast and fantastic collection of wine which my hubby can easily spend a good hour looking at before going back to his first choice... I have no room to moan, I do that with shoes. Wine prices range from £5.00 to the sky and the staff are happy to help you out. There is also everything for the kitchen except the sink. While we're still on the subject of kitchens and food the Black olive deli in the middle of the high street is a fab place for stocking up on your picnic supplies, their olive twist loaf stick is scrummy! By the looks of things there are a couple of vintage markets on this weekend so if your in the area pop down. There was a lovely little vintage fair in the village hall today selling antiques, bricabrack & craft which is there for the wknd too. Just around the corner is a real gem of an antiques shop, blink and you'd miss it, it is sign posted but its down a little alley, well worth a look, its an aladins cave of treasure! Thirsty work all this antiquing so now is about the time to nip back over the road to the crown for a nice glass of vino! To be continued...
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig