GBBO SNACKS: PEANUT-BUTTER FUDGE
Bake off snacks have become a must in our house! We've had cookies, popcorn and ice cream.
Peanut Butter Fudge
* 125g/4½oz butter
* 500g/1lb 2oz dark brown sugar
* 120ml/4fl oz milk
* 250g/9oz crunchy peanut butter
* 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
* 300g/10½oz icing sugar
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
2.Stir in the brown sugar and milk, and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes, without stirring.
3. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla seeds.
4. Place the icing sugar in a large bowl, and pour the hot butter and sugar mixture on top. Using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture until smooth.
5. Pour into a 20cm/8in square baking tray, and set aside to cool slightly, then place in the fridge to chill completely.
6. Cut the fudge into squares with a sharp knife, turn out of the tin and store in an airtight container.