1.10.14

ROSES.


 
                            

Hello,
I just adore this rose. It's called Brother Cadfael, and is from David Austin. Anyway... It's the 1st of October today and it's still blooming! I've been building my rose collection for years now, and I still manage to cram a new one in each year... Actually it was two this yr, and I'm a little bit in love with  gorgeous Boscobel! 

                           

It's great being able to bring your own cut roses indoors. You don't need a big bunch, just the odd bloom in a tea cup like this one is enough. And the scent from this one rose really packs a punch!
We're going to be adding a new boarder to our cottage garden next year, the planting has been planned out, and the main feature flowers will of course be roses! I'm going for all the same variety for maximum impact,and have chosen Geoff Hamilton from David Austin. It's the most beautiful shade of pastel pink with a hint of blue. I can't wait to show you next yr.

                                             Hope your all having a good week.

                                                                   Emma x
    
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vintage Good Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig